Have unwanted hair that you don’t love ?
Maybe a first timer? Here is some useful information that can help you make your decision , and being green at the same time !
Main Street Studio is having a special this summer on BRAZILIAN WAXES $25 for your first time !!!
There are plenty of ways to get rid of unwanted hair, but many of them use harsh chemicals that border on toxic. Chemical hair removal products can leave burns, cause skin irritation, and aren’t always as effective as other means, either. Hair removal is actually one of those areas where organic can be not only better for you, but even more effective.
There are a few ways you can organically remove unwanted body hair:
- Sugaring. This method uses granulated sugar, fresh lemon juice, and water. You mix the ingredients, heat slowly to about 250 degrees, and then allow it to cool. You apply it to the region with unwanted hair, spreading in the direction of the hair growth. You place a cotton strip on the area and peel away. This is one of the most natural (and most ancient) methods of waxing.
- Honey waxing. This is similar to sugaring, but utilizes a mixture including sugar, honey, and corn starch. It’s applied and used in the same way as sugaring. The key with the honey mixture is to not allow it to boil, or you risk carmelizing the honey and making it so that it’s not the correct consistency.
- Turmeric paste. For centuries, women in India have used an organic mixture of turmeric, yogurt, and flower. The paste is placed on the skin and allowed to dry. Once it’s dry, you scrub off the paste and it brings the unwanted hair along with it.
- Organic hair removal products. There are a couple of brands out there – most notably Moom and Kiss My Face – that offer all natural, organic hair removal products, in addition to other organic beauty products. Most of these products also use herbs or essential oils to help minimize skin irritation during and after the hair removal process.
- Plucking or manual removal. It’s much more time-consuming and painful, but for facial hair removal plucking is often your best bet.
As you well know, going organic doesn’t mean you can’t be beautiful. Give one of these organic hair removal methods a shot, and see just how much easier and effective – and less irritating to your skin – they can be.